3.14.2011

Gideon and Guinea part 1


Don't worry. In case you don't believe that I'll actually deliver your enemies into your hands, take your servant to the edge of the camp. When you overhear their conversations about you, you'll find the confidence you need to attack.

Why on earth would God be so patient with humans? Why would He be so patient with me? Even though I know the story of Gideon beginning to end, I still imagine that impossibly tiny force rushing full of divine assurances and naivete into the enemy camp and to their death and thinking in my crusty way, "Well ain't that life!" Maybe that's because in spite of real live miracles in my life, I still wake up each morning waiting for the other foot to fall. It's not that I don't have proof that God has a good plan for me. It's just that it doesn't SEEM possible that a life of claimed promises could exist, at least for someone like me.

But God really is patient with me. Because every time I cross my proverbial arms at God's promises, He either waits me out until my curiosity gets the better of me or He says, "Alright, you want assurances? Check this out!" ....stay tuned for the funny way He got my attention last week... ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Nate Harkness 2017