4.29.2013

In Exchange for Yours





Thought I'd try my hand at a worship song. Playing on the themes of exchange found in Christian doctrine and the irony of finding through losing. If you listen closely to the beat, you'll hear I used the same hip hop rhythm as I did on "Olive Tree". Just love the bass. I also tried my hand at the garage band organ and found it to be pretty slick. I'm dedicating this song to my friends, Kevin and Suzanna who have cheered me on for years and made me believe in my own music. They were a major reason I recorded the album, "Olive Tree" in the first place. Thanks guys!

lyrics

I give you my righteousness
In exchange for yours
I give you my big ideas
In exchange for yours

You hold me now (2x)
Jesus I am yours

I give you my plans and dreams
In exchange for yours
I give you my everything
In exchange for yours

I give you my very best
In exchange for yours
I’ll give you my dying breath
In exchange for yours

Bridge:
And you will bring me back to life, to life (4x)

And you are bringing me to life! (4x)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Get Polished | Copyright Nate Harkness 2017