I would be a hypocrite if I were ready to criticize other
Christians but not be the first to accept constructive criticism myself. I’ve
gotten some critical feedback on my recent post, “Ready for a New Christian
Militia?” from someone I respect and trust and it’s caused me to think more
deeply about my experience at an evangelical men’s event last Monday. I think
my main point was that many churches have been guilty of using Jesus as a
rubber stamp for “Christian causes”, causing more harm than good. Also, many
churches paint an inappropriately negative view of culture and the world,
fostering fear and sometimes even hatred in the name of Jesus. That needs to be
said, and those tactics should never be tolerated. But I need to spend some
more time evaluating the way I used Monday’s events to communicate that point.
I need to make sure I’ve painted a fair and balanced view of this church and
the guest speaker before re-publishing the blog. So at this point, it’s “under
construction.” To be continued…
No comments :
Post a Comment