Here’s a
journal entry I wrote about my unborn son on September 12 while in Colorado.
Debra had been praying that God would give me a name for this child. One day as
I was praying an inspiration came, a quiet assured voice (I listen to those: so
far they’ve taken me to my life’s vocation, my marriage, and my career) saying,
“His name is Levi Samuel.” What follows is a mix of God’s inspiration and my
interpretation about the character and personal destiny of my son:
Levi Samuel
A man of peace. One who hears the
voice of the Lord.
“My covenant was with [Levi], a
covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence
and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his
mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and
uprightness, and turned many from sin.” (Malachi 2:5-6)
Like Samuel,
(interjection: a close friend had prayed over Debra, and said she believed our
son had the “spirit of Samuel”, a biblical priest figure who heard God’s voice
as a child) I will call him at a young age. He will hear My voice and follow
Me.
A sense of Levi Samuel
leading nations in the worship and reverence of the Lord. Levi is a worship
leader. He has a tender heart, yet he is full of strength and power, secure and
rooted in the Love of his Father.
From a young age, Levi
will cease to follow only his parents’ instruction. The Lord Himself will lead
and teach Levi and he will grow to be a source of spiritual blessing and
guidance for his parents. He will surpass them in faith, courage, and zeal for
the Lord
The Lord has anointed
Levi Samuel a leader of nations, a man of peace, a lover of God.
Boy that gives me chills to read because as much as I can
discern, it fits my son perfectly. He is a quiet, peaceful, tender child. He almost
never cries (even when getting a shot he gives only a single cry). He eats with
ferocity and focus. He loves to sleep on my chest but is also content for hours
in his bassinet. He seems to be the very image of quiet security, intimate
attachment, and focused strength. He seems in touch with himself but deeply
resilient at the same time. I recognize in him a tremendous faith and courage
combined with a deep personal intimacy with the God who made him. So I’m not
joking when I say this kid is special. He truly is a game-changer.
No comments :
Post a Comment